tl;dr: Learn how to use SemiBin from the original developers. In particular, we will see how to run SemiBin on a set of of human gut samples with different binning modes.
What you should know/be able to do before the tutorial:
- You should know what a contig and bam file is.
- You should be able to run programmes on the command line
- You should be able to install the SemiBin. You can see the details from How to install.
You will also be sent some information a few days before the tutorial with both the signup links & and some requests to prepare for the event. You should expect to spend some time installing the software and downloading the tutorial data.
- What is the metagenomic binning and what is the basic idea of existing binning tools?
- The basic idea behind SemiBin.
- How to get MAGs from SemiBin with different binning modes.
- We will not cover functional analysis of MAGs.
Location & Schedule
Date: 2th November, 2021
Location: Zoom & Discord (links will be sent to registered participants)