tl;dr: Learn how to use NGLess from the original developers. In particular, we will see how to run NGLess on a set of of human gut samples.
What you should know/be able to do before the tutorial:
- You should know what a FastQ file is
- You should be able to run programmes on the command line
- You should know some basic scripting (e.g., run a Python or R script)
You will also be sent some information a few days before the tutorial with both the signup links & and some requests to prepare for the event. You should expect to spend some time installing the software and downloading the tutorial data.
Location & Schedule
Date: 25th June or 5th July, 2021 (these will be the same tutorial, just two separate sessions due to demand)
Location: Zoom & Discord (links will be sent to registered participants)
All times are UTC:
- 12h00 (Noon) – 12h27: Luis Pedro Coelho: General background on NGLess & metagenomics processing approach
- 12h27 – 12h30: 3 minute break
- 12h30 – 13h27: hands on tutorial
- 13h30 – 13h57: Open Q&A
- NGLess webpage: https://ngless.embl.de/
- NGLess manuscript: Coelho et al., 2019
- Podcast episode (from the excellent Bioinformatics Chat podcast) on NGLess: https://bioinformatics.chat/ngless
Deadline: June 22 2021 any timezone (first-come, first-served).